Dear Very Important Patient!
Hello! As we begin to open back up, know that while we have only been caring for emergencies these past 8 weeks, we have never stopped thinking about you and preparing to continue your care in the safest environment for you and my staff.
I have worked tirelessly to acquire funds, training, and supplies necessary to reopen. You will notice many changes when you come back.
1. You will be asked a series of questions when you make your appointment, when we confirm your appointment and when you arrive at your appointment. If at any time you think that your health status has changed, please let us know and we will move your appointment out several weeks or months into the future.
2. You will be asked to stay in your car until your room is ready. Please call us when you arrive and we will instruct you to either come in or wait in our ‘new waiting room’ – your own car! Please, use the hand sanitizer at the front desk and put on a mask, if you didn’t wear one of your own. You will be escorted immediately to your room where an assistant or hygienist will take your temperature, blood pressure, and repeat the questions.
3. You will notice some plexiglass around the front desk and the side office. To limit potential exposures, we are having a one directional flow. In through the front door; out through the back door.
4. Once we are ready to begin, you will be asked to rinse twice with hydrogen peroxide, for 30 seconds each.
5. Your doctor, hygienist, and assistants will be all decked out in the highest of PPE fashion. Designer caps, face shields, N95 or KN95 masks with a blue surgical mask over it, regular scrubs, full sleeve jackets or gowns, washable shoes, two layers of gloves. We will be hot, and the air conditioner will be on full blast-so please wear a sweater.
6. Your hygienist or assistant will place a suctioning device in your mouth that they will keep on most the time.
7. You may have to wait a little longer for your exam, since the doctor needs to remove some of these important PPE to leave their room and run to yours.
8. Once you are all finished, you will be directed to one of the two check out stations. Then, we will say good bye to you as you leave through the back door.
9. Please follow social distancing guidelines. If you see someone ahead of you, please just wait a minute.
10. There are also many behind the scenes things that we have implemented for safety, including; Air purifiers that have a Hepa filter, charcoal filter, and UV light to clean and circulate the air in the treatment rooms. We are installing UV light in the sterilization area. We have watched many webinars to be sure that we are keeping as up to date as possible and learn some new techniques to control periodontal disease.
We really look forward to see you soon. Remember, if you do not feel ready to come back or your doctor has recommended that you stay at home due to health issues, we can wait until things clear up a bit. However, if you are experiencing a toothache or other dental emergency, we are here for you!
Please do not hesitate to call us, if you have questions or need reassurances.